Star Gazer Sheds
Do you love observing the stars and moon? Ever considered turning that passion into a hobby? Our Sky Sheds are our backyard observatories that have become increasingly popular with both astronomers and photographers alike.Get a Quote
Star Gazer Shed Features
- 4 X 4 Pressure Treated Foundation Runners
- 2 X 4 Floor joist with 5/8” Smart Finish Wood Flooring
- 7′ Walls
- Cedar Creek Vinyl Siding ½” Wood Sheating
- 2 – 18” X 27” Sliding Windows w/ Screens
- Insulated House Door (Solid)
- 2 X 4 Rafters 16” OC
- 5-Pitch Roof
- 2 X 4 Rafters 16” OC
- 5-Pitch Roof
- 2 X 4 Laths on Roof 24” OC
- Double Bubble R-9 Insulation in Roof under Metal
- 40 Yr Galvalume Metal Roofing
- Exterior Deck with Vinyl Decking (Deck is Half the Length of Skyshed)
- (Example Deck Size:: 12×14 Shed has 12×7 Deck Area)
- Warm Room Built in Deck Area (Includes 1 Insulated 24” x 27” window)
- Warm Room is insulated and finished w/ beaded plywood
- Pressure Treated 6×6 Posts on Deck
- Galvanized Rail with LVL Headers
- Galvanized Rollers on Track for Roof to Slide
- 1/2 Commercial Horse Garage Door Motor with Sprocket drive to Open Roof (Includes 1- Remote)
- Basic Electric Package Including:
- 70 AMP Breaker Box
- 2 – Lights
- 2 – Switches
- 2 – Receptacles
We have always said sky sheds are great for storing recreational belongings or for a workstation on your latest hobby project, so why not enjoy a custom home observatory shed specifically for those amateur astronomers to take stargazing to the next level.
Having a backyard observatory allows for comfortable and convenient year-round use. Before there were many options on the market, many hobbyists used shed-kits to create their own backyard observatories. Of course this was time consuming and inconvenient, but it did allow them to keep their telescopes and other equipment setup permanently. Our home observatory eliminates wasting time to take equipment out of storage for set up!
Some photographers who shoot high-resolution pictures of the sky, especially at night, use our backyard observatory sky sheds. However, photographers who only want more storage space are more likely to use one of our other storage sheds.
We now offer a much better solution to a DIY setup for your backyard observatory. We started by using a plan for one of our most popular sheds and added a convenient roll off roof. We also included helpful features such as electrical outlets. Our roll-off observatory shed is a great choice for all stargazing enthusiasts. Instead of having to lift off the roof of an observatory, these roofs can be rolled to one side and easily moved back afterword to protect the equipment. In addition, because they look similar to traditional sheds, our sky sheds still look nice sitting in your yard.
Size options go to a 12 X 14 backyard observatory shed. Check out the sky shed choices below for further options and pricing details. We’ll work with you to create a custom observatory shed for your individual requests.
Because of all the moving parts that require some ongoing maintenance, the sky sheds come with a standard 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty.
If you are looking for a great site to buy Astronomy equipment please visit: www.skiesunlimited.com
STAR GAZER SHED PRICES
Prices shown are meant to be a guide and don’t include delivery or custom features. Once you find your size, click “Get A Quote” and fill out the form to submit your ideas to a project manager, who will reach out to you with a full quote!
|8 x 8||$ 18,070|
|8 x 10||$ 20,245|
|8 x 12||$ 22,440|
|8 x 14||$ 24,625|
|10 x 10||$ 24,055|
|10 x 12||$ 27,105|
|10 x 14||$ 30,650|
|12 x 12||$ 30,925|
|12 x 14||$ 32,735|
Star Gazer Shed Options
Paint / Shingle Colors for Star Gazer Sheds
Aluminum Trim Colors
LP Smartside Stain Colors
Ribbed Metal Roofing Colors
Standing Seam Metal Roofing Colors